The centaury plant with yellow, star-shaped flowers has been used for shia for centuries. Centaury tea is obtained by boiling this plant. Centaury herb, which is known to be good for depression, is also used as an oil.
Add 2 teaspoons of dried centaury herb to 1 cup of boiling water and let it steep for 10 minutes. You can consume it hot or cold. You can add lemon or honey to sweeten it a little.
1 glass should be consumed regularly for 4-6 weeks, followed by a 2-week break.
Centaury tea has been used as an antidepressant as a solution to mental and psychological problems for many years. It calms the nerves and is good for depression. It helps to look at events in a more positive way and not to get angry immediately.
Good for stress
It serves to relieve stress, which is one of the most common problems we experience today. It also eliminates stress-related problems such as anxiety and insomnia.
Good for the skin
Centaury tea has cell regenerative properties. In this way, it provides great benefit in removing the scars, burns or acne scars formed on the skin. It also prevents acne formation.
Thanks to its antiseptic feature, it protects the body against germs and bacteria. It provides faster removal of inflammation in the body.
It relaxes the digestive system
It is supportive in the treatment process of intestinal and stomach problems. It also prevents problems such as abdominal pain and loss of appetite.
It has a balancing effect on many hormones, including the thyroid. It is especially recommended for thyroid patients. It helps to relieve pain caused by hormonal imbalances during menopause.
Relieves menstrual pain
Women who drink centaury tea before going to bed at night may experience more painless menstrual periods.
It is pain reliever
Centaury tea is a natural pain reliever. Thanks to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory content, it is effective in relieving joint pain, muscle aches and pain caused by gout.
Good for stomach health
When consumed regularly, it facilitates digestion and prevents stomach problems. It is good for stomach problems such as ulcer and gastritis.
Centaury tea protects against cancer thanks to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties and prevents the growth and proliferation of cancerous cells.
It relaxes the respiratory system
It relieves the throat in colds such as flu and cold, and is expectorant. At the same time, you can drink centaury tea in a small cup a day to avoid these diseases.
Drinking a cup of centaury tea, known for its pain relieving properties, helps relieve headaches.
It is antipyretic
Centaury tea is antipyretic and has a soothing effect on disease. It is also among the methods used in sudden hot flash problems.
- It is important to avoid excessive consumption to avoid any side effects. Side effects that may occur in excessive consumption are as follows; stomach upset, urticaria, skin rash, fatigue, restlessness, headache, dry mouth, dizziness, confusion.
- Centaury tea is not recommended for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding and trying to get pregnant. Do not consume without consulting your doctor.
- If you have a chronic disease or a regular medication, do not consume centaury tea without consulting your doctor.
- People with hyperactivity or attention deficit should not consume centaury tea.
- People with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia should also not consume centaury tea, it can cause psychosis.
- Alzheimer’s patients should not consume centaury tea as it may contribute to dementia.
- If you are going to have a surgical procedure that requires anesthesia, you should stop drinking centaury tea at least 2 weeks in advance.
- You should not drink centaury tea if you are using antidepressants, blood thinners, oral contraceptives, blood pressure medications or asthma medications.