This oil, which is produced from the centaury flower, which is widely found in European countries, has been used for healing since ancient times. This oil, which allows the skin to renew itself, was often used in the wounds of bedridden patients. At the same time, centaury flower tea was obtained by drying the flower in the sun. St. John’s Wort plant has been used for a long time in the treatment of mental illnesses in Europe, as it has a calming property. Today, oil and cream of this plant are produced. It is also possible to buy dried flowers and make tea.
- Thanks to its vasoconstrictor effect, bleeding can be stopped by applying it to the bleeding wound. It also helps to stop internal and external bleeding by consuming it orally.
- Heals burns and wounds.
- With its antiseptic feature, it prevents the formation of microbes and inflammation in the wounds.
- It provides the disappearance of skin spots caused by wounds and burns.
- It allows the cells to regenerate in a short time and to remove dead cells. It prevents wrinkles.
- It maintains the balance of skin color.
- Since it is a natural pain reliever, it is used as a massage oil for backaches, lumbago, sciatica and rheumatism.
- You can apply it to your skin to have a smooth skin. It prevents the formation of acne and allows the existing ones to pass more quickly.
- Those who cannot warm their feet in summer and winter also benefit from centaury oil.
- It is effective in the treatment of internal and external varicose veins.
- Centaury oil has a healing effect on baby diaper rash.
- You can use centaury oil for sunburns. When you apply it to your burned areas, you can immediately feel the pain decrease.
- It is good for memory and improves concentration.
- It provides a solution to sleep problems by increasing the hormone melatonin.
- It is used as a natural remedy in the treatment of vitiligo.
- It lowers blood sugar when consumed orally. Those who suffer from high blood pressure should consult their doctor and consume it.
- When consumed orally, it regulates bowel movements, is good for constipation and diarrhea.
- It is good for dandruff and hair loss problems, strengthens the hair.
- It is good for eczema and psoriasis.
- It has natural antibiotic properties.
- It is good for headaches and migraines.
- It is good for stomach aches. It can be used in the treatment of stomach ailments such as gastritis and ulcers.
- It has expectorant properties.
- It is good for sudden hot flashes, nervousness, stress, sudden changes in emotions and even depression experienced during menopause. During these periods, two glasses of centaury tea can be drunk a day.
- It is a natural antidepressant. It relaxes the nervous system, provides refreshment and calmness.
- It is used to pass herpes.
Before you start using St. John’s Wort oil, apply a few drops to your wrist and wait 24 hours. If there is no itching or redness, you can start using it with peace of mind.
If you are going to use it by massaging an area on your body, a few drops will be enough depending on the size of the area. You can also use it by diluting it with olive oil, as it is a very dense structure. You can consume it orally, not exceeding one teaspoon per day. If you wish, you can drink it directly or mix it with a glass of warm water and drink it. It can be consumed by mixing it with honey to reinforce its antibiotic properties. To relieve headaches and migraines, the forehead and head can be massaged with oil or tea can be drunk.
The flowers of the St. John’s Wort are dried and tea is obtained. This tea is good for the nervous system, gives calmness and helps to cope with stress. Put 2-3 teaspoons of dried St. John’s Wort flowers in a glass of hot water and let it brew for 10 minutes. After brewing, you can strain and consume.
- Centaury tea should be consumed at most 1 or 2 cups a day. If consumed in excess, it can disrupt the digestive system and cause diarrhea.
- If the body reacts to St. John’s Wort oil such as redness and itching, stop using it.
- It is not recommended for use by most doctors during pregnancy and lactation, and should not be used without consulting a doctor.
- People with chronic diseases should not use it without consulting a doctor.
- Excessive consumption can cause hair loss. May cause sensitivity to light in fair-skinned people.