Service: for 4 people
Preparation & cooking time: 40 minutes
- Half a kilo of peas (a cut-up size) + half a teaspoon of baking soda + 2 lt of water to boil the peas
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 10 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut into small cubes
- Half a teaspoon of black pepper
- Half a glass of hot water
- Half a bunch of dill, finely chopped
- Half a lemon, cut into small triangles
* Take 2 liters of water in a pot, when the water starts to boil over an open fire, add the peas and carbonate. Boil for about 15 minutes until the peas are soft and transfer them to ice water.
* Take two tablespoons of olive oil and carrots in the pot, sauté for a few minutes on medium heat, add the spring onions and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Drain the peas and add them to the pot. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and hot water, cook for 15 minutes on medium heat with the lid of the pot closed and turn off the stove. Add the remaining olive oil and dill and mix. When it is warm, transfer it to a serving plate and garnish with lemon slices.
Enjoy, love and stay healthy…