Service: for 4 people
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
With the measure of 200 ml water glass;
- 1 bunch of large-leaf hibiscus
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 10 spring onions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1 cup of bulgur wheat
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Half a bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 8 – 9 sprigs of fresh mint, finely chopped
* Cut off the stems of the hibiscus and take the leaves into a deep bowl. Pour boiling water until they are over them. Turn it upside down with a spatula and transfer it to ice water (it is enough to soak it in hot water for two minutes since the leaves are very delicate). Then filter it.
*for internal mortar; Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the white part of the spring onion and the bulgur in a large saucepan and fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, spices, salt and hot water, cook on low heat until the water evaporates and turn off the stove. Add the green parts of the spring onion, parsley and mint and mix.
* Wrap the leaves until the filling is gone, arrange the thinly sliced apples in a single row on the bottom of the pan, place the wraps on it, pour 4 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice and a glass of hot water over the wraps and cover with a small plate (for the wraps to cook without falling apart). With the lid of the pot closed, cook on open fire until it boils, then on low heat for 30 minutes.
Enjoy, love and stay healthy…