Foot care, which is the most important of personal hygiene, is actually not as difficult to apply as it seems. Thanks to simple techniques that you can easily apply at home, your feet can be comfortable and flawless looking as if they were made by expert hands.
- Wash your feet with warm, soapy water. After doing this, rinse with cold water and thoroughly dry all parts of your feet, including between the fingers, with a towel. You can then apply moisturizing cream.
- Try to cut your toenails round, not straight. Never cut the meat next to your nails. This application causes your nails to grow longer.
- Massage your feet with a pumice stone. Pumice stone removes the appearance of calluses when applied by massaging, and helps you to clean your feet. It allows the dead skin to be removed from your body and allows your skin to breathe comfortably. After these applications, keeping your foot in hot water for a while will keep your skin soft.
- Massage into the knee starting at your ankle. This massage regulates your blood circulation and eliminates swelling and pain in the feet.
- You should pay attention to the moisturizers you put on your feet before going to bed. Be careful not to get between the fingers, because it causes fungus formation in these moist areas.
- Before going to bed, apply a heavy cream to your feet and wear a cotton socks. When you wake up, you will see that your feet are as soft as cotton.
Special recipes for foot cracks from Suna Dumankaya …
The soles of my feet are cracked from dryness. What kind of care should I apply to my feet?
Grate three cucumbers. Add a teaspoon of sea salt and let it sit for five minutes. Then fill the pedicure bowl with warm water and put the cucumbers in it. Soak your feet in this water for 15 minutes. After drying, mix petroleum jelly with lemon juice and rub it on your feet and wait for your skin to absorb this mixture thoroughly. You can apply this formula every day.
Keeping the feet dry and cracked in winter well-groomed depends on taking care of them. Our feet, which are imprisoned in thick socks, boots, boots during the winter months, may also have negative conditions such as swelling, odor and bad odor. Let’s share with you some tips to reduce them less;
- Wash and dry your feet every day.
- Ventilate your feet and wear clean socks.
- Do not wear the same shoes every day.
- Pay attention to the cleanliness of your manicure and pedicure tools.
- Prevent ingrown toenails by cutting them straight.
- Use creams containing aluminum for bad odors on your feet.
- Use pumice stone to remove dead cells in every bathroom.
- Avoid cracking by massaging your heels with foot creams containing jojoba oil and vitamin E.
- Do not leave your toenails with nail polish for a long time, as it does not take air, it may cause your nails to turn yellow.
- Consult your dermatologist for your calluses.
Foot Care Specialist Fatma Patricia Ghani gave important tips on how to protect our foot health.
The main causes of foot problems are; prolonged standing, wrong nail care and improper shoe selection. In jobs that require prolonged standing, there is little time for the feet to heal before starting the next work day. For this reason, it is very important to protect the feet by wearing suitable shoes for home and work. It is a routine practice and regular foot care is not too difficult. In addition, many people experience pain from back, leg and knee pain, and these pains may be related to the feet. It is possible to eliminate the pain by raising the awareness of people about shoe and foot care.
Sometimes the load on the foot remains unbalanced and extra friction walls are formed in certain areas of the foot. When this happens, thickening occurs on the skin surfaces. These hard pieces of skin are called calluses. Calluses are a defense mechanism created by the body to protect the underlying tissues. If the source of pressure is not removed, these become painful. Wearing appropriate shoes, using protective pads, and other self-care measures can help resolve calluses.
1- The inside of the shoe should be straight from the heel to the end of the toe.
2- The front part of the shoe should be such that the toes can move freely.
3- Shoes should not have high heels and should have wide soles.
4- If you need to wear high heels, it should not be more than 2-3 centimeters.
5- Do not expect that tight shoes will stretch as you wear them. Until the shoe stretches, your feet can be damaged by this situation.
6- Normally the sizes of the feet are different from each other. Choose shoes that fit the bigger foot.
7- The feet are likely to swell in the afternoon, so it is appropriate to buy shoes in the afternoon.
8- If your job involves standing constantly, it is recommended that you use shock-absorbing insoles.
9- Choose light and airy shoes.
Skin and nail disorders vary in feet. You can prevent many damages with simple methods you will apply in foot care.
1- Wash your feet every day with soap and water; Dry carefully, especially between fingers.
2- Do not cut nails straight and short. Use a nail file to soften the sharp edges.
3- If the feet are dry, lotion can be massaged every day. However, do not apply the lotion between the toes.
4- Wear clean socks that keep your feet dry and change them often when you sweat a lot.
5- Get a few pairs of shoes. Change your shoes and socks regularly to reduce moisture.
6- Choose leather or canvas shoes.
7- Use foot powder containing talc, do not use powder containing cornstarch.
8- If the problem persists, be sure to see a podiatrist.
If you are diabetic, you should see a podiatrist for foot care and foot care training at least once a year.