Infertility is generally the inability to conceive after at least one year of trial without using any birth control method. Infertility affects approximately 15% of the population in Western countries. While some of these people try to conceive with alternative methods such as IVF, another part is naturally. pregnancy tries to use his luck in the best way.
The most important factor in natural pregnancy is to be able to understand the menstrual cycle and the time of ovulation when fertilization is likely. Ovulation generally takes place on the 14th day. Therefore, couples should have as much sexual intercourse as possible between the 12th and 15th days for pregnancy in a natural way.
Every woman’s menstrual cycle is different. Therefore, in order to increase the chance of pregnancy, the menstrual cycle of the person should be examined and the exact time of ovulation should be calculated.
In order to accurately track the ovulation time, women can use the following methods:
- Create a calendar for yourself. Keeping track of the days with the calendar is an easy and effective method to determine the right moment to have sexual intercourse.
- Check your vaginal fluid. The mucus coming from the vagina during ovulation becomes heavier, thin, clear and flexible compared to normal times.
- Feel the inside of your vagina. During ovulation, the cervix becomes softer and more open compared to its normal state.
- Follow the sharp pains you feel in your abdominal area; because they can be a sign of ovulation.
- Headaches, swelling, tenderness and pain in the breasts may also indicate that you are ovulating.
There are other things individuals can do to increase their chances of getting pregnant naturally. Lying for a while after sexual intercourse, delaying the shower for about 30 minutes and most importantly, being able to calculate the number of times to have sexual intercourse are some of them.
Men often neglect their role in this whole scenario. The sperm must also have the correct structure, shape and sufficient mobility. Otherwise, fertilization may not occur naturally even if the woman is fertile.
Another way to prevent sperm damage is to wear boxers instead of panties. Boxers prevent the testicles from overheating and prevent the sperm from being damaged.
Anatomical and hormonal factors are not the only factors to be observed for both men and women. In many cases, the failure appears to be due to an unbalanced diet, excessive stress, alcohol and nicotine use, and even exposure to toxic chemicals such as pesticides.