We asked Religious Affairs. Here is what you wonder about fasting.
Tooth bleeding does not break the fast. However, if the blood that comes out is equal to or more than the saliva it is mixed with, if it is swallowed, the fast is broken and it is necessary to make qazah. The smaller amount of blood is not taken into account (Haddad, al-Jawharat’n-Neyyira, I, 22).
There are two opposite narrations regarding whether giving blood invalidates the fast or not. According to one of them, Hz. The Prophet (pbuh) “The fast of those who perform a hijama and who takes blood from the body for the purpose of healing and who takes blood from their body for the same purpose is invalidated.” (Abu Dawud, Sawm, 28). On the other hand, it is rumored that the Prophet (PBUH) had cupping while he was fasting (Bukhari, Sawm, 32; Abu Dawud, Saww, 29). Most of the scholars who evaluate these two hadiths together face the risk of breaking their fasts because the first hadith is “The person who does the hacamat can get into his mouth while sucking the blood with a special device, and the person who has the cupping can get weak and become ill because he gives blood.” and concluded that giving blood would not break the fast, based on the second hadith. Accordingly, the fast of a person who gives blood while fasting in Ramadan is not broken (Ibn Qudâma, al-Mughni, III, 36). Taking blood into the body, on the other hand, breaks the fast because it is within the scope of nutrition and taking food.
One drop of the medicine dropped into the nose for treatment is about 0.06 cm3. Some of this is absorbed by the nasal walls, very little of it reaches the stomach. This, in turn, can be evaluated within the scope of the amount forgiven (Religious Affairs High Council Decision dated 22. 09. 2005), as in the mazmaza (rinsing the mouth with water while ghusl).
As an analgesic, antipyretic or for some other purposes; Suppositories are used in the treatment of fungus and some gynecological diseases. An enema is the removal of stool in the large intestine before a medical operation or constipation by giving fluid from the anus to the inside. The digestive system consists of the digestive tract and digestive glands, starting with the mouth and ending with the anus. The digestive tube starts with the mouth. Behind the mouth is the pharynx. Then comes the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum and anus. Digestion is completed in the small intestine. In the large intestine, only water, glucose and some salts are absorbed. There is no connection between the woman’s body and digestive systems. In this respect, suppositories used from women do not break the fast. Rectal suppositories, on the other hand, do not break the fast, although they are included in the digestive system, since digestion is completed in the small intestines, suppositories do not have the ability to give food and taking suppositories from the anus does not mean eating and drinking. There are two situations in regard to having an enema; Since water, glucose and some salts are absorbed in the large intestines, the fast is broken if the liquid containing food is given to the intestines or the water given to the intestines remains in the intestine to break the fast (Merginani, al-Hidâya, I, 125). However, if the intestines are not kept waiting after the water is given to the intestines and the intestines are cleaned immediately, the feces in the intestines are taken out with the water given and the water absorbed in the meantime does not break the fast because it is too little (High Council of Religious Affairs Decision dated 22. 09. 2005).
As a rule, the things that break the fast are substances that enter the body by normal means and sexual intercourse. Oil, ointment and similar things applied to the body are absorbed through the pores on the skin and capillaries under the skin and mixed into the blood. However, this absorption of the skin is very little and slow. On the other hand, this process does not mean eating, drinking or feeding. In this respect, ointment applied on the skin and medicated tapes attached to the skin do not invalidate the fast (Bukhari, Savm, 24, 27; Muslim, Sıyam, 12; Tirmidhi, Savm, 29, 31, 76). In this respect, nicotine patches used by those who want to quit smoking do not invalidate the fast (Religious Affairs High Council Decision dated 22. 09. 2005).
Women do not pray or fast during their menstrual periods. They do not make the prayers that they cannot perform after being cleaned, but they make up their fast (Muslim, Hayiz, 76-69). Not every woman has an equal number of menstrual days. According to Hanafis, this period can be at least three and at most ten days. The duration of the menstrual days is determined according to previous experiences. For example, if the menstrual days have continued for six days before, the spots that come within this six-day period are counted as the menstrual day. In irregular bleeding, the bleeding that coincides with the previous menstrual days is considered as menstruation and the fasts on those days are abandoned. If the previous menstrual days have changed, the bleeding between three and ten days is considered as menstruation and fasting is abandoned on those days. It is then crashed. After ten days, ghusl is made and prayer and fasting begin. The number of cleaning days between two periods cannot be less than 15 days.
Part 1 / Is it permissible to have sexual intercourse while fasting?
- What should a specialist doctor do who advises not to fast?
- What are the things that break the fast?
- Does the fast of a person who is satisfied with the hand while fasting is broken?
- What is the limit of the fasting’s relationship with his wife?
- Does washing break the fast? Is it possible to swim in the sea and pool while fasting?
- What should a woman who intends to fast do if she starts menstruating during the day?
- Tooth brushing, does it invalidate fasting?
- Does waxing / epilation prevent fasting?
- Do eye drops invalidate fasting?
- Can a person who drinks alcohol fast?
- Can women fast during the menstrual period? Not held in the meantime what is the status of fasts?
- Does vaccination or injection break the fast?
- If a person who is fasting gets water in his throat while making wudu, will his fast be invalidated?
- Does lipstick break the fast? Which types of makeup invalidate the fast?
- What is the decree of being a religious age while fasting or waking up as junub?
- Does hair care and hair coloring break the fast?
- Can women fast during pregnancy?
- Fasting Is anybody can make dental treatment?
- Does the pill put under the tongue by heart patients invalidate the fast?
- Does using ointment and medicated tape invalidate the fast?
- Does anesthesia break the fast?
- How does a woman who miscarries keep her fast in Ramadan
- Does endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound from the anus or ferm break the fast?
- Is sexual intercourse permissible between iftar and sahur?
- Does it break the fast, forgetting to eat and drink?
- Should a person who eats forgotten be reminded that he is fasting?
- Does acupuncture treatment break the fast?
- Is fasting broken in hemodialysis and dialysis applications?
- Does having angiography invalidate the fast?
- Does intravenous radioactive material break the fast?