Do not be intimidated by the fact that it is made in three stages, we prepare the cake practically and bake it in only 15 minutes, we prepare the milk cream until the cake is warm, then we spread the cherry sauce on the cream. For your special days such as birthdays, celebrations or when you want to pamper yourself, I say do not miss this delicious taste… I cut it with round molds for presentation, you can cut it into square or rectangular slices as you wish.
Service: In a 20*29 cm or 24*24 cm baking dish
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 + 10 + 8 minutes
Ingredients for the Cherry Cream Chocolate Cake:
With the classic 200 ml water glass size;
For the cake;
- 1 teaspoon butter, for brushing the baking dish
- 1 tablespoon of cherry juice
For the cream;
- 1/2 cup of wheat starch
For the cherry sauce;
- 400 g sour cherries, pitted, net size
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
*For cake; Butter the bottom and sides of the baking dish.
* Take the butter in a sauce pan and melt it on low heat, after turning off the stove, cut the dark chocolate into pieces and add to the butter, mix until the chocolate melts (the chocolate will melt easily with the heat of the butter).
* Take the eggs in a whisk and beat for 7 – 8 minutes until they become creamy, add powdered sugar and beat for another 2-3 minutes (we do not use a mixer after this stage).
*While adding the chocolate & butter mixture and cherry juice to the egg mixture, mix it slowly with a spatula from bottom to top.
* Blend flour, vanilla and a pinch of salt and sift and add to the liquid mixture, mix with a spatula from bottom to top until it becomes homogeneous and transfer it to the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for 10 minutes. Keep it aside to cool.
*For the cream; Take the milk, starch, sugar and egg in a small saucepan and whisk well with a hand whisk, then cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Turn off the stove and add the vanilla and butter, beat with the mixer for 5-6 minutes, pour the cream over the warm cake and smooth the top with a spatula. Leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
*For the cherry sauce; Take the cherry, water and granulated sugar in a small saucepan, let the cherry juice boil and cook on medium heat until it boils, take the starch into a small bowl and add 1 ladle of the cherry juice slowly while stirring quickly and transfer it to the pot with the cherries. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until it thickens and turn off the stove. Spread the cherry sauce on the cream with the help of a spoon. After waiting for 2 hours in the refrigerator, cut into slices as you wish.
Enjoy, love and stay healthy…